Thursday, March 22, 2007

Partials and one Final

This picture is for my illustration class. Our project was to paint a human in an urban setting with either an animal or a monster/hybrid. I chose a T-Rex for my monster because I liked the idea of how it could interact in a modern setting. My idea has the T-Rex chasing a person (who is hiding behind a van). As you can see this is a very preliminary painting. I have essentially added a wash and began work on the building in the background and on the van. My goal up to this point was to establish a color harmony and to begin blocking in shapes.

This painting was finished and submitted for critique, and so I am currently working on the corrections and updates to it so I can turn it in for a grade. After I finish with the additions I will get a picture to post so everyone can see the final in addition to the partial piece above.
-------------------------

This Painting was also for my Illustration Class. I am currently doing conceptual illustrations, and this one was an illustration for a Magazine article called "Diagnosis: Identity Theft". As you can see the image is not complete, but a few of the parts in it are. As with the piece above it was completed and submitted for review and I am currently working on the updates for it. When it is done I will post the final.
-------------------------

This piece was also for the conceptual side of my class. It was an illustration for an article called, "Consciousness in a Cockroach". The article was talking about how studying insect brains help us to understand how the brain works and how it evolved. This was a play on th evolution theme. This was the final piece in it's completed stage. Acrylic on cold press Illustration Board. 9 x 14 inches.


No comments: