Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Girl with Red Hair


This is a digital painting of a picture I found over on the DeviantArt web site. The original photo can be found Here.

This painting was done using PhotoShop CS2 and an Intuos3 Wacom tablet. Around 7 hours of work.

I have two monitors on my computer, and when I paint digitally I load PhotoShop up on one monitor and use the other monitor to display my reference picture. This painting was done while looking at the picture. There was no tracing or grids used, and if you look at the original picture you will see that there are a lot of little things that are off. I may go back and rework some of the parts because I am not completely happy with everything. But for all intents and purposes I am very happy with the way this piece turned out.

I am really liking digital painting.

No comments: