Thursday, November 8, 2007

First Man on the Moon


This was a school project for my Digital Painting class. The project was to combine two (or more) mediums together and make them seem like they all fit together. So, in this picture I painted the background (the earth, moon, and space) using acrylic paints on Illustration Board. I then scanned that image into PhotoShop and digitally painted the ladder and the Astronaut.

The entire image, from start to finish was about 15 hours, if you include all the time I spent locating reference images, thumbnails, roughs, and the final painting. I think the most difficult part was finding good space suit pictures from multiple angles.

Anyway, I think that it worked out and everything came together nicely in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.