Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ladyhawk


Adobe Illustrator. 1997.

This piece was done for a friend of mine. She asked me to illustrate a character from a story she was writing. So, I got all the information about her character and this was the final piece. The only complaint I had was the character actually had red hair... oh well, that is what you get for free.

I was actually quite happy with the final results. I did quite a few sketches for it, and after deciding on the final piece I simply drew it in Illustrator. I did not scan the image to get the lines into the program, I just created it from looking at the sketches. I have since found that I like to do the sketches in a book and then scan them in. It really helps with speed and accuracy. Now, If I can just get around to buying a scanner so I don't have to always use the one at school...

No comments: