Friday, April 13, 2007

Sunset in Watercolor


School is finally coming to an end, and as a result I have been pretty busy trying to get all my final projects done and ready to be turned in. But, since none of them are in any sort of finished state I thought I would share another of my paintings that I did a few years ago.

This painting is watercolor on Strathmore, 18"x24", 1998. I actually painted this at school, not as a project, but because I had an idea and wanted to see if I could portray it. Anyway, the idea had to do more with the trees, and how they are a silhouet for the most part. I wanted to see if I could reproduce that in watercolors. This was the result. I actually like this painting, the water could use some work, but overall I think it is very pleasing.

In the future I think I will just start adding paintings that I have done whenever I am inbetween current pieces. This allows me to keep up to date on my postings, and allows me to continue to showcase my work (since that is the real purpose of this blog).

No comments: